Project Coordinator (mat leave replacement)
Return to All Jobs | Apply for Job
EK3 is a full-service In-Store Digital Merchandising provider operating in all 10 Canadian provinces & 3 territories, 32 U.S. States, Ireland, England, Sweden, Spain, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Algeria, and United Arab Emirates. Treating each store as a unique marketing entity and pioneering the concept of Smart Store NetworksTM, EK3 specializes in SaaS-based solutions, deployment and technical services, strategic planning, content creation and media sales. With well over a decade of research and development experience, EK3 has deployed some of the world’s biggest and most complex digital networks using proprietary state-of-the-art technology and patented software.
The Project Coordinator role is an integral part of the Project Management Office team at EK3. This temporary contract role (approximately 8 months from February 2013 to October 2013) will take over the responsibilities for supporting the deployment and installation of our custom software product for several of our key clients. Attention to detail, sharp organization skills and excellent communication skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Able to understand and support the EK3 software deployment process from start to finish.
- Manages changes to project scope and contributes to schedule development.
- Communicates schedule changes and coordinates same with all stakeholders.
- Communicates project plan. Ensures common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Monitors and control project work. Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify issues and quantify any variances. Contributes and/or performs any required corrective actions and communicates to all stakeholders.
- Executes tasks assigned to the coordinator as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals. Focuses on time and priority management .
- Assist in the implementation of approved actions and work-arounds required to mitigate project risks and to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Establish project deliverables. Support the PM in facilitating input activities.
- Support and contribute to departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Takes initiative and provides ideas and solutions to improve work processes.
Education and Experience:
- Post- Secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Working towards a Project Management professional designation an asset
- Must have 3-5 years project coordination experience in a software or technology deployment environment
- Demonstrated computer aptitude and ability to learn quickly and work with new software
- Competent level user of MS applications (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, visio, project)
- Has familiarity and knowledge of PMBOK processes and can apply them when appropriate
- Writes clearly, communicates information and ideas verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Possesses good listening skills. Listens intently to what other people are saying and takes the time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and team environment
Return to All Jobs | Apply for Job